contact: hello (at) magdalena-salome.com
Magdalena Salome, born in 1994 in Warsaw. In 2018, she defended a diploma with dean’s honors in the Studio of Concept and Intermedia Graphics under the supervision of prof. Andrzej Węcławski, dr. Mateusz Dąbrowski and dr. Kamil Zaleski at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw. She undertakes activities combining art with science. She is inspired by biological processes, the multidimensionality of perceiving them through the prism of emotions and the human attitude towards nature.
I find peace in nature, it fascinates me in an almost personal way. In portraying her, I want to convey her character but transformed by my sensitivity. Through misunderstanding and lack, through longing and excitement.
I have something of a scientist in me. I like to explore, experiment and discover nature. On the one hand, I want to feel and experience it, on the other – extricate it, get it out of context. Through the books on plant physiology and scientific materials. I am attracted to design experiences. Presenting phenomena in a tangible and concrete way. On the other hand, I can’t get away from the aesthetic and poetic form of my work.
I want to close everything I experience in the form of drawing, painting, graphics or sculpture. I try not to limit myself to one tool. I experiment with digital graphics, monotypes. I often uses plant matter, which can be both a tool and a medium.
- 2022, Botanica – individual exhibition , Galeria Abakus, Warszawa
- 2022, Green Renaissance Project – Special Exhibition, Palbok Art Factory, Jeonju city, Republic of Korea
- 2022, Nature Art Cube Exhibition, Geumgang Nature Art Biennale, Republic of Korea
- 2022, Future Places – 7TH ANNUAL JURIED EXHIBITION, Susquehanna Art Museum, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2022, ALGAE – individual exhibition, Galeria przy Kozach, Warsaw
- 2021, 4th Art&Science „Art of origin of life”, Herman Ottó Museum – Miskolc Gallery, Hungary
- 2021, 4th Art&Science „Art of origin of life”, Bašta, Cultural-Community Centre Na hradbách, Slovakia
- 2021, 4th Art&Science „Art of origin of life” Galeria Główna u Attavantich w Jarosławiu, Jarosław
- 2021, 4th Art&Science „Art of origin of life”, Biuro Wystaw Artystycznych w Rzeszowie, Jana III Sobieskiego 18, Rzeszów
- 2020, Paradise – individual exhibition, Tulipan House
- 2020, 10th Douro Printmaking Biennial 2020 in Espaço Miguel Torga, Portugal
- Exhibition 3rd Art&Science „Power of Biological Structures” in Piotr Michałowski Art School Complex in Rzeszow
- 2020, Exhibition 3rd Art&Science „Power of Biological Structures” in Nencki Institute of experimental biology in Warsaw
- 2020, project „Postcard from home”, Salon Akademii Gallery, Warsaw
- 2019, Exhibition of Graphics „Kissprint”, Elektrownia Powiśle, Warszawa
- 2018, „Amplification”, Gallery of the Graphics Faculty of the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk
- 2018, „Genesis of a Hyper-plant – Respo124” – individual exhibition, galeria pracowni nr 6, Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw
- 2017, „Pracownia nr 6_Kolekcja” (Workshop 6_Collection) Gallery Concrete, Academy of Fine Arts, Wroclaw.
- 2017, individual exhibition in an venue „Miłość” (Love) Kredytowa 9 in Warsaw
- 2016, Exhibition of Graphics „Kissprint, ADA Puławska, Warsaw.
- 2016, „Pamięć Jako Wyzwanie” (Memory As A Challenge), Vertical Gallery, Katowice
- 2014, „Decyzja/Decision”, Leeds School of Art, Architecture & Design, Leeds